BSG appoints Analysys to research models for public sector interventionbsg
The Broadband Stakeholder Group, supported by SEEDA, has appointed Analysys to undertake research into efficient and effective models for public sector intervention in the deployment of NGA in the UK.
The research has been commissioned in line with Recommendation 7 in the BSG’s ‘Pipe Dreams?’ report, which suggested further work to build on the DTI/Ofcom Best Practice Guide of February 2007 in order to equip all stakeholders with the right information to address any market failures as and when NGA is deployed in the UK.
The research will seek to address the following questions.
- Why might some form of public sector intervention be necessary in some areas?
- What local conditions might mean such interventions are likely to be required?
- What form of interventions might be most appropriate?
- How should such interventions be structured and funded?
- What should be the criteria for deciding whether public sector intervention should be considered in a particular area?
The final report will be published in Q2 2008.