Ofcom Connected Nations UpdateGulistan Ladha
On fixed broadband:
- Full Fibre broadband availability in the UK continues to rapidly improve with over 3.5 million homes (12%) now able to access faster, more reliable full fibre services. This is an increase of over half a million in the four months to January 2020. This is a result of increased rollout from existing broadband networks and new entrants.
- Ultrafast broadband has increased across the UK by over 700,000 properties to over 16 million homes (55%).
- Superfast broadband continues to be rolled out across the UK, with an additional 300,000 properties, meaning over 27 million homes (95%) can now access it.
- Decent broadband can be accessed by the vast majority of UK properties. The number of residential and commercial properties that are not able to receive a decent broadband service from a fixed line stands at 608,000 (2%). These properties may be eligible for the broadband universal service which came into place in March and gives properties unable to get a decent connection the legal right to request one.
- Two-thirds of the UK landmass has good 4G coverage from all four networks which includes 97% of the premises in the UK.
- Just under 80% of the UK landmass is covered by all operators for calls and text services which includes 99% of premises in the UK.